Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 17:43

Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 180 ]  На страницу Пред.  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  След.
Ballet Around The World 
Автор Сообщение
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Lincoln Center Festival
Изображение

Lincoln Center Festival Announces Full Slate

By PIA CATTON

The full programming of the 2011 Lincoln Center Festival, which will run July 5 to Aug. 14, is being announced Tuesday.

And the international headliners are many: The Mariinsky Ballet (formerly the Kirov), will join the previously announced Royal Shakespeare Company and the Cleveland Orchestra.

The Mariinsky will present two evening-length ballets—"Anna Karenina" and "The Little Humpbacked Horse"—choreographed by Alexei Ratmansky. An additional mixed bill will include George Balanchine's "Symphony in C."

Stage director Peter Brook's "A Magic Flute," a minimalist version of Mozart's opera, will have its American premiere, as will the Royal Danish Opera's production of "Selma Jazkova." In a musical contrast, the festival will also include the Brazilian experimental musician Tom Ze.

Theater offerings at the festival will include the Druid Theatre Company's production of Seán O'Casey's "The Silver Tassie," directed by Garry Hynes, as well as the American premiere of "The Temple of the Golden Pavilion" by Japan's Kanagawa Arts Theatre.

Every evening from July 5 to July 31, the facade of the David H. Koch Theater will be given over to the hyper-slow-motion portraits of artists shot by portraitist David Michalek.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... lenews_wsj

08 мар 2011, 17:35
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Re: Ballet Around The World
Изображение

World of Alina Cojocaru, ballet dancer
By Sophie de Rosée 17 Mar 2011

The principal ballerina with the Royal Ballet discusses her formative years, her exercise routine and her spinal injury.

Изображение

Alina Cojocaru, 29, is a principal ballerina with the Royal Ballet. She began dancing aged nine in Bucharest, Romania, where she grew up. At 19 she became the Royal Ballet’s youngest principal dancer and has since danced all the leads in the company’s repertory, recently winning a Ballerina of the Decade award at the Stars of the 21st Century International Ballet Gala in Moscow. She will play Juliet in the Royal Ballet’s Romeo and Juliet at the O2 from June 17-19 (roh.org.uk). She lives in London with her partner, Johan Kobborg, also a principal dancer with the Royal Ballet, and their dog, Charlie.

Daily routine I set the alarm for 8am. Before I met Johan, I didn’t know that ‘snooze’ existed. When my alarm rang I’d turn it off and get up, but now snoozing is one of my worst habits. There’s something so magical about pressing that button and having an extra five minutes. I’m not much of a breakfast person. I just have a coffee and a croissant, and I can never choose between almond or chocolate. I warm up for an hour, then my ballet class schedule depends on what we are working on. Sometimes we go from studio to studio throughout the day without having a single break, or some days we finish at 1pm. The earliest I go to bed is 1am. My body and my mind need time to wind down after a show. I like having a hot bath, too, with mineral salts.

Formative years Ballet is not in my genes. When I was seven years old my family thought I was short and that I would grow more if I did gymnastics. I loved the physicality of it and after two years my parents, who both worked in the family grocery shop in a bazaar in Bucharest, decided to take me to ballet classes. Two weeks later, I auditioned in front of the director of the Kiev Ballet School, who was looking for seven children for an exchange programme. I got in, even though I’d never even seen a full-length ballet. So I left my family when I was nine years old. I felt very lonely because I didn’t speak Russian and I didn’t know the other children. For the next eight years, we went home only for Christmas and the summer holidays.

Shoes This pair of ballet shoes (pictured), which I wore to perform my first Tatiana in Onegin, when I was 20, lasted only two days. If I’m not performing on stage they can last up to two months. I constantly sew on ribbons and repair my ballet shoes to make them last longer. There is a huge shoe room at the Royal Opera House with a compartment for each dancer with their name on and all their shoes. There are maybe 10 or 15 pairs per dancer.

Poster We have lots of posters in the house from our various performances. In 2003 Johan and I were invited to the Mariinsky Ballet Festival in St Petersburg to perform Giselle, and Johan got this poster (pictured). It has our names written in Russian and I love the old style of it. I started collecting posters when I brought some home to my family – the next day I saw one of them perfectly framed by my father, not in a smart frame but just with wood at the top and bottom, hung on the wall. My niece puts up my posters on her bedroom wall, too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/thea ... ancer.html

18 мар 2011, 19:46
Завсегдатай

Изображение

Masterpiece of classical ballet showcased at stunning sold-out gala performance

Apr 2, 2011 - 09:27 -

Abu Dhabi, 2 April 2011 (WAM) - Nine of the world's best ballet dancers took to the stage at the Emirates Palace last night for the Abu Dhabi Festival 2011 Ballet Gala. Led by Maxim Beloserkovsky and Irina Dvorovenko, principal dancers at the American Ballet Theatre, the production �Max and Irina present Stars of the Bolshoi and Mariinsky' brought together dancers from the legendary Russian-based ballet companies the Bolshoi and the Mariinsky.

With music from the Abu Dhabi Festival 2011 orchestra in residence, the Russian National Orchestra, and conducted by famed ballet conductor Maestro Valery Ovsyanikov, the beautiful repertoire of ballet classics included Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty, Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet and Chopin's Spectral Ball amongst others.

Held under the patronage of His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, the Abu Dhabi Festival is presented by the Abu Dhabi Music '&' Arts Foundation (ADMAF).

http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite ... N-FullNews

03 апр 2011, 06:59
Завсегдатай

2011 Golden Mask Awards

Modern Ballet / Best female dancer: EKATERINA KONDAUROVA - “Anna Karenina”, Mariinsky Theatre, St. Petersburg.

Modern Ballet / Best male dancer: LEONID SARAFANOV – “Quatro”, Kolomensky Theatre Center, St. Petersburg.

Best ballet: Le Petite Mort by Sechs Tanze, Stanislavsky Theatre, Moscow.

Изображение

16 апр 2011, 00:34
Завсегдатай

Gala "AVE MAYA"

April 14-15, 2011. Athens, Greece

Starring:

Maya Plisetskaya

Tamara Rojo, Alina Somova, Mathilde Froustey, Anastacia Stashkevich, Natalia Kremen, David Makhateli, Vadim Muntagirov, Mathias Heymann, Sergio Bernal, Slava Lopatin, Evgeni Ivanchenko.

Изображение

Organized by: David Makhateli and Elva Events,
    Stage Manager: Ricardo Cue
    Press: Graham Watts

Изображение
    Изображение
    Изображение

19 апр 2011, 17:20
Завсегдатай

Сообщение White Nights Festival

Изображение

Изображение

Stars of the White Nights Festival

Olga Bugrova. May 24, 2011

The Stars of the White Nights Festival of Arts, which is currently underway in St. Petersburg (May 23rd to July24th), is an international event including 115 performances and concerts.

As it seems, the most successful brainchild of Maestro Gergiyev and of the Mariinsky Theatre troupe - the Stars of the White Nights Festival - is well known for its repertoire novelties, which serve as an attraction for its participants. 8 premiere shows with the participation of top personalities! Only film festivals, rated as “A-Class”, have such a scope.

And the first premiere was held on the festival’s opening day, that is, on May 23rd, when the Mariinsky Theatre presented “Love Drink”, a comic opera of the Italian Romantic composer Gaetano Donizetti. It is a joint French-English production, which was bought by the Mariinsky Theatre specially for its opera diva Anna Netrebko, who excellently performed the leading part there.

“It is not often that I sing in a comic opera, and now I really can’t conceal my admiration”, Anna Netrebko says. “One year ago I took part in the production of “Love Drink” in Opera Bastille in Paris, which means that I know it well, and besides, this opera is well known too. It was presented by Milan’s La Scala Opera House and by the Royal Opera House in London’s Covent Garden some time ago, and I simply asked Valery Gergiyev to bring exactly this opera to St. Petersburg. There’s much humour, love and sincerity there, and as far as I know, it is always a great success, irrespective of the performers.

What adds exotic to the repertoire of the Stars of the White Nights Festival is a tradition that has emerged in recent years, meaning the presentation of opera and ballet productions in the open air and in natural settings. The Mariinsky Theatre has presented both Russian and foreign classical productions this way for 8 years now in the historical cities in the north-west of Russia, including its performances in the medieval fortresses in Ivangorod and Vyborg, or in the old Tikhvin Monastery. Later this year the Mariinsky Opera troupe will go to Novgorod the Great, where it will show “Sadko”, an epic opera by the Russian classical music composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, in the Novgorod Kremlin, which is one of the oldest Kremlins in Russia. The scene is laid in Novgorod the Great, and the walls of the St. Sophia Cathedral dating back to the 11th century will serve as natural settings. As you know, Russian statehood, which will mark its 1150 anniversary in 2012, started exactly in Novgorod the Great.

28 май 2011, 16:44
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Igor Zelensky - the new AD of Stanislavsky Theatre Ballet

People's Artist of Russia Igor Zelensky has been invited to lead Moscow Stanislavsky Musical Theater ballet troupe. Official confirmation from Vladimir Urine, who is Director General of the theatre, should follow on June 14.

Изображение

I Z V E S T I A . R U

15 июн 2011, 03:00
Заядлый театрал

Сообщение Re: Ballet Around The World: Les Etoiles pour le Japon
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение
Les Etoiles pour le Japon,
Paris, Palais des Congrès, 31 May 2011.
Photo © Copyright 2011 Marc Haegeman. All Rights Reserved.

Carlos Acosta (Royal Ballet London, Principal)
Michael Banzhaf (Berlin State Ballet, First Solist)
Ashley Bouder (New York City B...allet, Principal)
Jiri Bubenicek (Semperoper Ballet Dresden, Principal)
Otto Bubenicek (Hamburg Ballet, Principal)
Elisa Carrillo Cabrera (Berlin State Ballet, First Solist)
Isabelle Ciaravola. (Opera National de Paris, Etoile)
Marlon Dino. (Munich State Ballet, Principal)
Olga Esina (Vienna State Opera Ballet ,Principal)
Julien Favreau. (Bejart Ballet Lausanne, Principal)
Mathieu Ganio. (Opera National de Paris, Etoile)
Tatyana Gorokhova (Novosibirsk Ballet, Principal)
Dimitri Gruzdev. (English National Ballet, Principal)
Sue Jin Kang (Stuttgart Ballet, Principal)
Mikhail Kaninskin (Berlin State Ballet, Principal)
Maria Kochetkova (San Francisco Ballet, Principal)
Igor Kolb (Mariinsky Theatre, Principal)
Elena Kuzmina (Eifman Ballet of St.Petersburg, Principal)
Lucia Lacarra. (Munich State Ballet, Principal)
Roman Lazik (Vienna State Opera Ballet, Principal)
Andrey Merkuriev (Bolshoi Theatre, Leading Soloist)
Shoko Nakamura. (Berlin State Ballet, Principal)
Fernanda Oliveira (English National Ballet, Principal)
Evgenia Obraztsova (Mariinsky Theatre, First Soloist)
Sergei Polunin (Royal Ballet London, Principal)
Marijn Rademaker (Stuttgart Ballet, Principal)
Jason Reilly (Stuttgart Ballet, Principal)
Kateryna Shalkina. (Bejart Ballet Lausanne, Principal)
Friedemann Vogel (Stuttgart Ballet, Principal)
Jon Vallejo (Semperoper Ballet)
Igor Zelensky (Mariinsky Theatre, Principal)

25 июн 2011, 12:23
Профиль ICQ
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Diana Vishneva - "Movement never Lies"

Изображение

The State Museum of Theatrical and Musical Arts in St. Petersburg opened a multimedia exhibition "Movement Never Lies", which celebrates Diana Vishneva's 15 years in dance.

Photos: Дмитрий Кощеев

Изображение
    Изображение
    Изображение
    Изображение

25 июн 2011, 22:08
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Moscow. November 2011

SVETLANA ZAKHAROVA will be the first ballerina to perform on stage of the fully restored Bolshoi Theater in Moscow. "The Sleeping Beauty - is the ultimate imperial ballet", - says Svetlana who will dance Aurora.

Complete interview in Russian of the Tsarina of Dance can be found on vtbrussia.ru

Изображение

18 сен 2011, 17:55
Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 180 ]  На страницу Пред.  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  След.