Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 17:12

Kennedy Center. Ballet: 2011-2012 Season. 
Автор Сообщение
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Kennedy Center. Ballet: 2011-2012 Season.

Изображение

American Ballet Theatre

Изображение

23 янв 2012, 21:39
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Re: Kennedy Center. Ballet: 2011-2012 Season.

La Bayadere

N. Makarova production after choreography of MARIUS PETIPA

February 4, 12

VERONIKA PART, MARCELO GOMES & STELLA ABRERA

Makarova’s production of La Bayadere, staged in 1980 for ABT pretty much repeats the earlier production that Natalia knew so well and danced at the Kirov Theater, prior to her defection to the West. Some accents were shifted around, few steps added to compensate for unforgivable loss of the original Petipa's choreography of the final act. But in the final analysis Natalia Makarova's version constitutes an unauthorized “transfer” of intellectual property from one theater to another. Scruples aside, it was due to this production that many ballet lovers in the West got acquainted with what I consider one of the greatest work of European art. Because of Makarova it happened ten to fifteen years earlier than might have had otherwise.

February 4th performance featured some fine cast in which Marcelo Gomes lead the way. Strong and gentle at the same time, he symbolizes for me a warrior-poet. Effortless musical jumps were much more than demonstration of his amazing balon. They were display of Solor's prowess with which he wooed his lady.

Having seen some exceptional Mariinsky Nikiyas in the past, I was not impressed by Veronika Part’s portrayal of the star-crossed temple dancer. Her technique was solid, but not exceptional. I almost wished she could exchange places with Abrera, whose finer frame was dwarfed by Amazonian Part. The corps did fine enough job making its arabesque-step-step descend from the Himalayas. But the dance of Four bayaderes in the Engagement scene was sadly miscast. Of the three Shades in the following act, I enjoyed the performance of Misty Copeland the most.

The ballet itself, however, never fails to move me in the most profound way. Once again my heart skipped a beat at the opening of The Kingdom of the Shades scene. Awe struck by its sheer perfection, I couldn’t help but wonder if, save perhaps for The Brandenburg concerti by Bach, there is another work of art which is so complete and spiritually lifting as this one.

07 фев 2012, 05:26
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Coppélia. May 29 - Jun. 3, 2012

Bolshoi’s grand production of Marius Petipa’s Coppelia will feature two adorable young dancers - Anastasia Stashkevich and Vecheslav Lopatin. They recently became man and wife, but... let them tell their story:

Изображение

Bolshoi @ the Kennedy Center

18 апр 2012, 03:51
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Opera de Paris @ the Kennedy Center

Giselle
    Choreography by Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot
    Music by Adolphe Adam

CASTING

Thu., July 5 at 7:30 p.m.
    Aurélie Dupont (Giselle), Mathieu Ganio (Albrecht), Marie-Agnès Gillot (Myrtha), Vincent Chaillet (Hilarion), Ludmila Pagliero, Fabien Revillon (Pas de deux des paysans)

Fri., July 6 at 1:30 p.m.
    Dorothée Gilbert (Giselle), Josua Hoffalt (Albrecht), Eve Grinsztajn (Myrtha), Yann Saïz (Hilarion), Charline Giezendanner, Marc Moreau (Pas de deux des paysans)

Fri., July 6 at 7:30 p.m.
    Agnès Letestu (Giselle), Stéphane Bullion (Albrecht), Marie-Agnès Gillot (Myrtha), Vincent Chaillet (Hilarion), Héloïse Bourdon, Florimond Lorieux (Pas de deux des paysans)

Sat., July 7 at 1:30 p.m.
    Clairemarie Osta (Giselle), Benjamin Pech (Albrecht), Ludmila Pagliero (Myrtha), Christophe Duquenne (Hilarion), Charline Giezendanner, Marc Moreau (Pas de deux des paysans)

Sat., July 7 at 7:30 p.m.
    Isabelle Ciaravola (Giselle), Karl Paquette (Albrecht), Émilie Cozette (Myrtha), Audric Bezard (Hilarion), Ludmila Pagliero, Fabien Revillon (Pas de deux des paysans)

Sun., July 8 at 1:30 p.m.
    Laëtitia Pujol (Giselle), Nicolas Le Riche (Albrecht), Marie-Agnès Gillot (Myrtha), Vincent Chaillet (Hilarion), Héloïse Bourdon, Florimond Lorieux (Pas de deux des paysans)

Paris Opera Ballet @ the Ken-Cen

23 апр 2012, 16:51
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Giselle of July 6 (matinée)

Cast: Dorothee Gilbert (Giselle), Jusua Hoffalt (Albrecht), Yann Saiz (Hilarion)

Among rather unimaginative productions of late Rudolph Nureyev, Paris Opera Ballet Giselle is akin to stellar supernova in the vast emptiness of space. Although the story that inspired the librettists originates in Germany, the ballet is quintessentially French. La belle France with her Sun King and Versailles, D'Artagnan and Madame Bovary, charming side cafes and wineries. It gave the world Dumas and Ravel, Balzac and Cocteau… it also gave us classical ballet.

With its lavish costumes and sets after the original design of Alexandre Benois (1924) and beautifully choreographed lighting work that deserves special praise, POB Giselle has the curious quality of medieval tapestry, equally beautiful in motion as in repose. 28 year old Dorothee Gilbert (Giselle) is a work of art in her own right. This strangely thin French beauty, with huge brown eyes and dark exotic features mesmerized the audience with her stylistically pure interpretation, culminating in the most powerful Scene du Folie in my memory.

Jusua Hoffait’s Albrecht disarmed me with his impetuous stage persona that suites the character he portrayed to boot. His seemingly endless suite of antrachats, executed with precision and heart, provided an extra degree of excitement. Very fine dancing on the part of all willis, not a single gesture or hair out of place. Yet, I still give preference to Mariinsky’s willis for they attained heightened spirituality that took Romantic ballet to another level, while POB earns my highest marks for Act I.

Thank you POB. It was MAGNIFIQUE!

Последний раз редактировалось Octavia 01 сен 2012, 01:13, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

09 июл 2012, 18:39
Завсегдатай

Сообщение Giselle of July 6 (matinée)

Meet the Artists

Изображение

DOROTHEE GILBERT, age 28:

Etoile
      Is native of Toulouse, France
      Beautiful inside and out
      She believes that good luck is hard work and is the living proof
      Likes Paris, but thinks that in the Sourth of France people have more fun
      Married to the dancer within the company